Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Life Affected By Disability

Rule Change - Disaboom draftsSo here I was. Twenty-five, mother of two, newly divorced in a new location, a big city. I had little money, no job, no work clothes, no work experience except as a wife and mother, and a college degree -- almost. My parents said I could move in with them, but I did not think that would work out. I did not want to be dependent and I did not want to be a burden. It was time to start fresh.

I found a job as a bank teller. Not too much money, but the hours were good for the boys. They were accustomed to having me around all the time. I did not want them to be suddenly thrust into full-time day care. Being a bank teller meant I had regular hours, no overtime, and two early days each week. This would work for now.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,