Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Driving To Independence

Independence is happiness. ~ Susan B. Anthony
I worked most of my adult life to become independent. It has always been important for me to take care of myself. My parents taught me well. Then MS joined me on my Life Journey and put a chink in my armor. Life changed and so did my independence. I was going to need help.

Now, I know everyone needs help at one time or another, and not everyone is able to ask for it. Some people have difficulty even accepting help that is offered, let alone asking for it.


I remember when I got my drivers' license at 14, thanks to Louisiana. It didn't occur to me at the time, but that was my first step toward independence. I no longer had to rely on my parents or school buses or friends to go anywhere. In fact, I became the friend who could transport others.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,